Read more →
Sitting with pride on the ridge of Aravali range, Nahargarh Fort stands with magnificence overlooking the city. Constructed in 1734, the fort was built under the reigns of Jai Singh which was then expanded in 1868. Nahargarh was a formidable barrier which was constructed to defend Jaipur against the enemies. As Nahargarh means abode of tigers, the name of the fort justifies its defensive task.
The fortified walls of Nahargarh Fort house Madhavendra Bhawan, which was the summer destination of the royal family. It was built by Sawai Madho Singh. The fort gains beauty and sheen under floodlit lights during night hours. Presently, the fort houses a food court and a restaurant at its top which gives excellent view. The wax museum and a glass palace are other attractions wooing tourists from across the globe.
Approx. time from Resort : 15 Minutes